Friday, September 30, 2011

Jacob Matthew McOmber

 We welcomed this BIG guy on September 25, 2011, one day after his due date. 
This is how much he weighed:
We had her weigh him twice because we thought it must be a mistake! But no mistake, this is one big healthy newborn! He is an entire 2 lbs. bigger than what Luke was, but the same length, 20.5 inches. He was born at 6:09am.
 Matt was a great support throughout the labor process, which had a false start on Friday night for about 12 hours that didn't get closer together than 6 1/2 minutes, but then had their real start on Saturday night sometime between Costa Vida and frozen yogurt.
 So we went to the hospital and of course they sent us away because I was only dilated to a 3 and you have to be a 4 before they'll admit you. That and the fact that when the Doctor asked me how I was doing I smiled and said good! I think she knew I wasn't really ready yet. Not wanting to go home to just turn right around Matt and I walked around Kaiser for about an hour and a half and when I was crying to get through each contraction we figured we'd go back to labor and delivery. And success! I was a 4. They admitted me and got my epidural asap and about 5 hours later Jake was born. My water never broke so he was actually delivered in the sac! They said this is very rare and seen as good luck in many cultures.
 The happy grandparents
Matt and his parents
 Luke meeting his brother for the first time, who had a gift for him - a truck! (what else). He has been really interested in the baby, but a little mad at me sometimes. But overall we think he is handling it pretty well so far!
 Wish us luck!

3 comments:

sanpinney said...

I love his chubby thighs, so cute.

Ashley said...

Yay!! Cute cute cute. :)

Jayson & Sara said...

Congratulations! He's so beautiful - if you can say that for a boy. I love his cheeks! Can't wait to meet him when we're up there next. Hope everything is going well.