Monday, September 12, 2011

18 Month Stats



Weight: 26 lbs. = 50 percentile
Height: 32.75 in. = 60 percentile
Head: 19.25 in. = 78 percentile

Well our Luke is growing like a champ and is a very happy toddler! He sleeps 12+ hours at night which we LOVE and also takes a 1.5 - 3 hour nap each day. This is also when I've been taking a nap each day! It's been really great with this pregnancy to be on such a schedule that allows me to get rest. I am very lucky to be able to be a stay at home mom!

Some fun things Luke has been doing lately: Dancing and singing. This is actually really funny to watch, because he sways back and forth to the music, even in church! There are a couple of tunes he knows and with those he actually hums along and does really good! It was really funny at church yesterday because the primary kids put on a program and each song that was sung he would dance and then as soon as it ended he would clap! Every time, it was really cute. AND he also made it through the entire nursery yesterday without freaking out! YAY! I'm so glad he's gotten used to it now and has fun.

He has been showing a little bit of OCD lately, for lack of better terminology, like at nursery he will only sit in the chair at the head of the table, which was where he sat his first time in there. He insists on doors being closed (this is most likely my fault!) because I try to keep doors to the bathrooms and closets closed all the time so he won't go in them, and now he always makes sure they are closed too! He doesn't like to have dirty hands and likes me to wipe them off all the time, especially after petting my parents cat (again, my fault, because Matt is allergic I always made sure to wipe his hands after he played with her). And he still hands me tiny little specks that he finds on the ground all the time, or big ones, like bits of food or whatever has fallen. I guess he likes a clean floor!! So I have realized most of this OCD is all MY doing =).

Luke still loves playing with his cars and trucks and balls and likes to read books and will read them out loud too I'm just still trying to figure out what words he is using for what objects because they still aren't real words yet. We've been showing him a lot of babies lately, and he knows one when he sees one and gets a little excited about them, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that he likes his new baby brother coming ANY time now!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Rand said...

Hi Courtney! Cute update & LOVE the pics!! Is that your brother's camera again? Anyway, when is the baby due??? My Mom and I would love to do one final subway before you are trapped at home for a while! lol :) She is in Maui until Sunday, so maybe next week? I'll send you a text or something :)

Courtney and Matt said...

Ya subway sounds great! I'm due next Saturday but so far not much is happening to indicate it will happen anytime soon =). Can you guys do Mon or Tues?