Thursday, September 1, 2011

I have great plans...

Yes. I have decided to start trying to be creative. I really enjoy interior decorating and seeing what different people do with their homes, and so I have decided to 'try' some home decorating projects! You know, the kind where you find some nasty chair on the side of the road and turn it into something fantastic??? Well, I want to do that. So I am writing it down right now while I have made this decision so that I won't get caught up in the day to days and forget! I've already found some random, unused things around my mom's house (pretty much all wood items) that I am going to start with. Not sure what I am going to do with them, or where they would even go, but I think it will be fun to just try some things! I will be sure to post some 'before and afters' as I go. And it's very possible that there will be a long time between these projects, but I'm excited at the prospect. =)

I've been looking at this blog http://betterafter.blogspot.com/ and there are some really cute items on there, like this kid dresser:

Now I don't have plans to be this creative, plus something this detailed would probably take so long that I would lose interest, but I think it's really cute!

And this awesome chair re-do:
 

And check out this before and after family room! LOVE it:


So ya, that is my plan right now, or rather, my future plan. I'm not what I would call a 'crafty' person so we'll see where this leads! If anywhere besides a bunch of junk getting piled up in the garage waiting to be done =).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we better go caruze Denios for some nasty old furniture!

Courtney and Matt said...

Hahaha!! You LOVE Denios. Admit it. Do they really have furniture there?

Linda said...

Have you checked out HGTV for some fun DIY shows? It's easy to get hooked. Try "Design on a Dime" and a few other shows like that. I also just discovered the Nate Berkus Show on I think NBC (or maybe ABC?) in the afternoon. Fun ideas for being creative. Good luck, and have fun! btw, congrats on baby Jake (or Rusty)! Can't wait to see pix.