Thursday, April 2, 2009

Our one (and most likely Only) Pohnpei visitor - PEDER!

Welcome to Pohnpei, Peder! Fresh off of his gazillion-hour plane ride
A coconut juice cheers!
We took him out to dinner at our favorite restaurant the Cliff 
Peder enjoying the Fried Ice Cream!
Kayaking with Sokehs rock in the background
A water tractor? hmmm...
Kayaking through the Margrove Tree forest around Sokehs Island
Peder and Matt at the waterfall at the bottom of a really steep hike
The waterfall - they took this pic of themselves!
Peder with a giant "Elephant Ear Taro" leaf
The big water buffalo 
Peder, Darney and Matt (and me the photographer) at SEI resturaunt
Peder and Joeson navigating us out of Darney's uncle's place out to the ocean
Matt and Darney dealing with the gas
What we call the Zebra fish
coral
This fish looks like it has a little gold light bulb inside it
cool underwater stuff
more zebra fish
Peder scoping things out
Matt with the spear gun
Beautiful colorful coral
Peder
Another electric blue starfish! This pic is pretty good because it doesn't even look like it's underwater!
Matt is searching for some fish
Peder with the first fish he caught!
What is this you ask? An OCTOPUS! Yes, Darney and little Joeson caught an Octopus.
Matt caught this guy with his first time using his new fishing pole! This thing had some really big teeth! I had no idea fish had teeth for some reason.
Matt and Peder grilling the fish they caught
Ben hosted another Turkey Extravaganza at our house! Pretty much like Thanksgiving. Ben loves meat and loves to cook it but he lives alone and it's always too much food so we usually make a dinner party out of it!
Here is the group - yes many of our friends are quite older than us!
Peder came with me to a session of Congress!
Peder caught a really long wave! Two days later this same place had 10-foot waves
Hiking near some old WWII remnants
One day it POURED rain here - the pic doesn't do it justice. The sound alone is so loud that if you are inside you have to yell to hear each other talk.
Peder and a great view
Matt and Peder at the Village for lunch
Darney caught some beautiful Parrot fish!
Peder and Matt in the water fishing - Peder with a spear gun and Matt with a pole
I believe this photo speaks for itself...
This little family was seriously in the middle of nowhere fishing - no boat or anything! The water is pretty shallow on this side of the island with reef all over, so people just walk out from their houses to fish on the weekends for food for the week.
Darney's uncle is like Snow White or something - when he came outside all of the animals ran over to him! It was so cute. He must be the one who feeds them.
See you next time little puppies!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

SO CUTE AND SO FUN!!!!! I want to be a visitor too!!!

Linda said...

Great shots - and I heard Peder had a super time (well, except for that smashed toe). I see your pictures and think you're on a very long vacation to a tropical paradise with some work squeezed in! Love all the pics.

Nancy said...

I want to visit Pohnpei!

Anonymous said...

Yay! That was a great one- I love Matt fishing in the floaty. Also- I am so sorry about baby chica! :( Are you going to get another puppy? PS I want to visit too!

Becky said...

What is WRONG with that boy's hat? Just kidding . . . kind of. Awesome pictures! That looks like such a fun trip!

Courtney and Matt said...

anybody who wants to come is WELCOME to come!

Suzi said...

I noticed the hat, too. Oh well. Peder had the time of his life (except the toe), and I'm so glad he got to go. It sounds and looks wonderful, but I know that the hiking, bugs, etc., are difficult. I'd love the snorkeling, though! So sorry about little Chica. Do you still have Jag? He must be lonely now. We love you. and, as always, I love your posts and pix and your Sunday letters. Mom/Suzi

Anonymous said...

What hat? I looked through all the pics and couldn't find a weird hat. If they are referring to Peder's hat they don't know that that is the in way to wear your trucker hat!