
This is where we spent the first day of 2009! On a beautiful white sand beach off the coast of Pohnpei

These pics are actually from 2 different days that we went to the same place on a boat with our friend Darney and a couple other people

My view

Hanging out on the boat at another little island - this is Pohnpei in the background. I got a wretched sunburn this day even though I kept a shirt on for half the day and reapplied sunscreen 3 times! The peeling is just starting...

Matt and Darney went spearfishing and caught a bunch of fish!

They are all really pretty - this yellow one on top had a sharp fin that poked Matt in the finger and almost 2 weeks later it is still puffy! We're not sure what happened, maybe a piece of the fish is still in his finger?

Here is the 1 fish that Matt caught - by accident - an Angel fish! He was aiming for a bigger one but got this little guy instead!

Darney's boat is kept at his uncle's house on a little side river

The water looked so nice and calm we decided to do some impromptu surf/wake/knee boarding! We just tied a fat rope to the back off the boat and pulled each other!

It was a lot of fun and everybody got to take a ride

The water is so clear and so warm - we love it! We had a fantastic time and got to do some awesome snorkeling - the best that I have ever seen! So many colorful fish and beautiful coral (and we though Hawaii had good snorkeling!) I don't even think it compares to Pohnpei!
5 comments:
The picture of Matt and the boat is definitely a screensaver or desktop background. I personally am using it at the office for my desktop. NatGeo quality for sure!
WOW!!! You guys look so pretty, you fit the beautiful island background!! :) And PS lovin' the impromptu wakeboarding, fun stuff!
That is GORGEOUS! What a paradise! Looks like fun. Seeing those pictures makes me really want this winter to be over!
Looks like you guys are having a great time. I liked this post with the pictures of the water, the sand, and the boat more than the one with the bugs! But it's good you posted the bugs and critters one, too, or we'd all be REALLY, REALLY jealous!
Okay I am just welling up with jealousy... I would seriously LOVE to live there and to see the places you are in and the things you are doing I just get goose bumps because this is such an amazing time for the both of you... We miss you like crazy and can't for you to return to the real world..
Keep posting... I LOVE IT!
Nat and Unga
Post a Comment