We started the day off with a leisurely morning

We made a great breakfast complete with Diet Pepsi to remind us of the Pinney household!

Ben received a bean from Patti at work (a dog ate the majority of the plant and this one bean was saved!) He invited us over to enjoy it on his fancy china and silver silverware!

the lovely little bean

Here is our Christmas tree - 3 ornaments, 2 shell necklaces and some Christmas cards we received! The lights only worked on the bottom half and really this picture does not do it justice (it doesn't look too bad here!!)

We attended a branch activity in the afternoon where the members broke into two groups and sang and danced for the audience! It was really funny!

this little girl speaks 4 languages! English, Pohnpeian, Chuukese and Japanese - she likes to wink at people

This little girl is the cutest

I seriously want to take her home with me!!

Bro. Ramon dozing off before the festivities began

this lady cracks me up - too bad I forgot her name!

more cute kids

Sister Samson was a riot dancing around - her red sunglasses even lit up!

We had Christmas dinner with all the missionaries at the Ridings apartment

We were also able to go caroling with the youth at church - we visited some families around town and even sang for Ben!
We even had a group come caroling at our house and they even brought us some gifts - the people here are amazing and very generous! Even though we really missed our families we were able to talk to them on Skype and really did have a great Christmas in Pohnpei!
4 comments:
Happy New Year to you! Before I scrolled far enough to read your comment about the 1st picture, I thought: Wow! eggs, bacon, waffles.....and diet pepsi? Then I read your comment. Too funny. We missed you, too, but are glad you had such a good and varied Christmas experience. I'm sure you'll never forget it. I like looking at the pix of the people you know there. Fine with me if you bring a cute little kid home with you. Package will be on the way soon. We love you. Mom
That's so funny about the bean! I hope he gave you some other food too! :) Happy New Year!
Looks like it was an amazing Christmas! Your experience in Pohnpei is such an incredible opportunity. Ditto to Suzi about the cute little kids! We missed you, but I have been thinking that it might help to go have dinner with the other McOmbers! Happy New Year. It will go fast so enjoy!
Love the pictures. And we,too, enjoyed being able to talk at the family party! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment