Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Self-Control (or lack thereof)

I must admit that I had never actually been in to a Dollar Store before my sister-in-law Angie took me to one a couple years ago. I guess I always thought they were dirty and gross and filled with a bunch of junk. Well, the junk part is partly true, but there is a lot of good stuff in there too! Luke and I went today and bought 17 items. Mostly books and coloring books and a little basketball and some bubbles, and then for me 2 bags of red vines (which are like $5 at Safeway!) and a plain black frame and maybe even a box of imitation pop tarts.

Which brings me to reveal my lack of self control when I'm pregnant. It's like I give myself permission to eat whatever I want, even though I really don't want to get fat along with being pregnant (like last time). Trying to loose 15 or 20 lbs AFTER you already lost your 'baby weight' (which was about 20 lbs and came off easily in about 3 weeks for me) is not easy. Even though I was able to do it, I am hoping to avoid that this time!

So here are a few things that I would almost NEVER allow myself to eat when I'm not pregnant, but that I really enjoy when I am: Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Jr., waffles with peanut butter and syrup, ice cream in the middle of the day, an occasional candy bar, fruit gushers, milk shakes from a drive thru... pretty much ALL JUNK. I don't eat this stuff all that often when I am preg, but today I was feeling guilty about having one of these and decided to come clean about it =).

And I was even going to go to prenatal yoga to attempt to work it off tonight but conveniently forgot until about 2 min before class was going to start...

1 comment:

TheKunks said...

You are too funny! I went through a hamburger and hot dog craving phase. Giving in totally rids the craving after a few months. Hehe