This is my first official blog post of my blogging career and I have chosen an extremely important topic to discuss: KEENS. Keens are special waterproof sandals that were recommended to me and Courtney for use in Micronesia. I think they are great! Courtney does not like them much, because they are ugly and do not come in the right colors. Alas, a great moment occurred a few days ago when we hiked to the top of Diamond Head Crater near Waikiki using our new KEENS!!! Some people who know Courtney might not believe that she actually decided to wear these sandals / shoes, so I decided to include a couple of action photos of Courtney's Keens in action.
This is an action photo of Courtney's right foot in her olive-colored Keens sandals. She wishes she could her KEENS these everyday because they are "high fashion" and very cute.
Maybe more KEENS action photos from other hikes, especially in Pohnpei, will follow.
Other Important Matters . . .
We've had a great few days in Oahu, spending a lot of time on the beach, as well as surfing and snorkeling (I nearly ran into a turtle today in the water). We've also been to the Dole Pineapple Factory, Polynesian Cultural Center, North Shore, Laie Temple, and BYU-H, to name a few. As great as the time in Oahu has been, we are anxious and excited to get to Pohnpei.
Finally, GREAT NEWS!!! Even though we have yet to arrive to the FSM, Courtney already found us a place to live:
JUST KIDDING! This is an old hut on display inside the Polynesian Cultural Center.
This concludes my first official blog post. There should be more exciting input from me on our blog no later than 2020.

4 comments:
I have a pair of wannabe KEENS sandal/shoes, and I love them! Loved the pictures of yours, Courtney! And of course the pictures of the scenery in the background, too. We're all excited for you both in this new adventure ahead of you!
love the hut...can we come too? the holes in the top of the sandals probably help with the waterproofing eh :) Glad to hear you guys are on your way. - kt
I have keens, too! I wish I had more opportunities to wear them. Just be careful of the foot sweat issue- that's all I'll say...
Congrats on your first blog post, my friend! May those KEENS help get you through any den of hoy that you may encounter!
Post a Comment