Welcome and Kasalehlie to my parents!! Here we are at the airport where we welcomed them the traditional way, by putting mharmwars on their heads (pronounced mar-mars, sort of like a lei but goes on your head instead of around your neck).
I picked a coconut from our tree for the guys to hack open
My dad using a machete to open one of the coconuts from our tree!
My mom and I at the Village restaurant, where we all enjoyed a nice dinner and an incredible view of the sunset on the ocean
My Dad and me at "Wall Mart" doing some shopping. My parents enjoyed seeing all the grocery stores we go to and got to see what it's like to have an empty produce section!
The 4 of us at Congress, where I spend most of my days
Matt and my Mom at the Supreme Court, where Matt spends most of His days! (And yes, this is how he dresses to go to work!)
Where we make our phone calls from Skype - usually form our air conditioned car in or near this parking lot!
This is where Matt gets his hair cut - the House of Beauty Variety Store!
Walking to the Kipohrohi Waterfall
In front of the awesome waterfall
Skirts are the thing to wear here both traditionally and to keep cool - I am wearing one of the traditional Pohnpeian skirts
Shopping in one of the local souvenir shops where my mom and I bought some earrings
at church - like my Muu Muu??
Aimee Jay I posted this pic just for you - I know how you LOVE your Spam!! Who knew there were so many varieties? With garlic, with cheese... who knows what else...
Enjoying dinner at Ocean View restaurant - and Yes! My dad has a t-shirt and shorts on!!! That is a VERY rare occasion!! So glad they could come visit!!

3 comments:
These pics make me so happy. There is nothing like having mom and dad / inlaws come and visit. How special.
The best picture by far is the SPAM one I am drooling!!
HOW FUN!!!!!! I love seeing pics of you with mom and dad, it makes me file like I'm there too! :)
What a fun!!!! They are lovely parents. It makes me feel like I'm there too.
--
Jhon
You cannot go wrong on the best security systems
Post a Comment