Matt and I have done a lot of hiking lately!
The last two Saturdays we visited a couple different waterfalls.

Two waterfalls from up above that we hiked down to through the jungle - It was really steep and slippery and I slipped a couple times! But they gave me a walking stick which helped.

And this is what we came to! We decided not to swim in it just to be extra safe.

Here is the boy who led us through the jungle to the waterfall - he wanted $5 from each of us and we only had $2, so after we were done we went back up to the car and came up with two granola bars, a cliff bar, a baggy of pita chips and some loose change! His family said that would be an ok payment and the dad shook matt's hand. Phew! I was starting to get nervous! Not like they would do anything but, you know, I'm a conflict avoider!

This is a sakau stone (with a seat on the left) next to a big gigantic blob of manure! What on earth could leave a pile this BIG??
This guy could! They told us it is an enormous water buffalo - but we're not sure how he got here or what he is doing here...

You can't really tell here but Matt was sitting on the edge of about a 10 foot waterfall cliff, that led to about a 20 or 30 foot waterfall!

Here is a local who lived at the house next to the waterfall - he just picked some fresh yams.

This was a beautiful waterfall! This one also took a bit of hiking to get down to.

We take a lot of pics of ourselves and each other,
so we don't have a ton of photos with both of us together!

The stream that leads to the falls.

See ya!
5 comments:
Most people would call this....a vacation...
I know right? Just another Saturday afternoon for us...
You look so pretty in that one picture of you.
WOW! Just beautiful (and the surfing pix are great, too!).
Thank you for posting again! I love to see the pix and hear about your adventures. The hikes to the waterfalls look amazing...it's like you're in another world. Court--you look so pretty in your pix, and your face looks thinner. Do you need a flat-rate box of food?---maybe some lemonade and marshmallows and popcorn? we hope to hear from you again, soon. Mor Mor is hopefully going to be set up with Skype soon. Then you can write to her, which she'd really enjoy. Please add her to your blog list (jeanpedersen@sbcglobal.net) Jonner is on Skype now, and we had a blast with Ella and Olivia last night---they sang songs, said words, and giggled at us on the computer. And Jack is so big! We love and miss you. I'm working on finding some plane tickets and will let you know. I'll try Worldmark and Tom Greeley and see what I come up with. Love, Mom
Post a Comment